Biryani is the definition of comfort food and chicken biryani is never a bad idea. Learn how to make the most flavourful and sumptuous version of chicken biryani with this ultimate recipe now.
750 grams chicken, cut into 2 inch pieces on the bone
1½ cups Daawat Biryani Basmati Rice
1½ tbsps + 1 tsp ghee
1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
½ cup whisked yogurt
2-3 green chillies, chopped
½ cup browned onions
2-3 tbsps chopped fresh coriander leaves
10-12 fresh mint leaves
Salt to taste
1 tsp red chilli powder
½ tsp turmeric powder
1½ tbsps biryani masala
2 inch cinnamon stick
1 bay leaf
2-3 green cardamoms
A large pinch of saffron, soaked in 2 tbsps warm water
8-10 fresh mint leaves
1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander leaves
2 tbsps browned onions + for garnish
Ghee for drizzling
Fresh coriander sprig for garnish
Raita as required
1. Take Daawat Biryani Basmati Rice in a bowl. Add sufficient water and wash for 2-3 times.
2. Add sufficient water and soak for 20-25 minutes. Drain the water.
3. Take the chicken in a deep non-stick pan. Add 1½ tbsps ghee, ginger-garlic paste, yogurt, green chillies, sprinkle the browned onions, coriander leaves, mint leaves, salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and biryani masala and mix till the chicken pieces are well coated with the masala. Set aside to marinate for 20-25 minutes.
4. Bring sufficient water to a boil in another deep pan. Add salt, break the cinnamon in half and add into it. Add bay leaf, cloves and green cardamoms. Drizzle the remaining ghee and mix well.
Add the soaked rice, mix and cook for 2 minutes. Drain the rice and spread it over the chicken mixture.
5. Drizzle the soaked saffron, sprinkle mint leaves, coriander leaves, browned onions and drizzle some ghee. Cover the pan with aluminium foil, place a lid over it and place the pan on high heat for 5-10 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium, place a tawa under the pan and continue to cook for 20 minutes.
6. Switch the heat off and allow the biryani to rest for 15 minutes.
7. Transfer the chicken biryani on to a serving plate. Garnish with browned onions and coriander sprig. Serve hot with raita of your choice.
Click to Subscribe:
For more recipes :
To get recipes on your Google or Alexa devices, click here :
Best cooked in Wonderchef Kitchenware.
Buy Now on :