Make this South-Indian special powder with coconuts and a freshly ground spice mix and enjoy with dosas.
1¼ cups scraped coconut (thengai)
½ cup Bengal gram (chana dal)
¼ cup split skinless black gram (dhuli urad dal)
1 small lemon sized tamarind ball
½ tsp oil
8-10 dried red chillies
Sea salt to taste
½ tsp asafoetida (hing)
1. Dry roast Bengal gram till it turns golden brown in a non-stick pan. Transfer on a large plate and allow to cool.
2. Dry roast the split skinless black gram till it turns golden brown in the same pan. Transfer on the same plate and allow to cool.
3. Dry roast the coconut till it turns golden brown on medium heat in the same pan. Add tamarind and sauté for a minute. Transfer on the same plate and allow to cool.
4. Heat oil in a same non-stick pan. Add dried red chillies and sauté for a minute. Transfer on the same plate and allow to cool.
5. Add sea salt and asafoetida in the roasted coconut mixture. Put this in a mixer jar and grind to a coarse power. Allow it to cool to room temperature.
6. Store in an air-tight container and serve as required.
Click to Subscribe:
For more recipes :
To get recipes on your Google or Alexa devices, click here :
Best cooked in Wonderchef Kitchenware.
Buy Now on :