A very popular recipe all the way from Tamil Nadu, this egg rice recipe is ultra-comforting and delicious both!
4-6 eggs (mutte)
3 cups cooked rice (sadam)
4-5 tbsps oil
2 medium onions, chopped
Salt to taste
1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
2 medium tomatoes, chopped
1 tsp mustard seeds
½ tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp coriander powder
¼ tsp garam masala powder
Crushed black peppercorns to taste
2 tbsps chopped fresh coriander leaves + for garnish
1. Heat 2-3 tbsps oil in a pan. Add onions and salt and sauté till translucent. Add ginger-garlic paste and sauté for a minute.
2. Add tomatoes and mix well. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
3. Break in the eggs and mix well. Cook till most of the moisture evaporates. Transfer on plate.
4. Heat remaining oil in the same pan. Add mustard seeds and let them splutter. Add dried red chillies and curry leaves and sauté for a few seconds.
5. Add cooked eggs mixture. Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder and garam masala powder and mix well.
6. Add cooked rice and salt and mix well. Add crushed black peppercorns and coriander leaves and mix well.
7. Serve hot garnished with coriander leaves.
Click to Subscribe:
For more recipes :
To get recipes on your Google or Alexa devices, click here :
Best cooked in Wonderchef Kitchenware.
Buy Now on :