A flavourful pulao made with fresh green chickpeas (harbhara/hara cholia) is a healthy, winter recipe for the whole family.
HARA CHOLIA PULAO
1 cup fresh green chickpeas (harbhara/hara cholia)
1½ cups Basmati rice, washed, soaked for 20 minutes and drained
2 tbsps ghee
1½ tsps cumin seeds
4 green cardamoms
1 inch cinnamon stick
1 bay leaf
1 black cardamom
4-5 black peppercorns
2 medium onions, sliced
1½ tsps ginger-garlic paste
Salt to taste
Fresh coriander sprig for garnish
Raita as required
1. Heat ghee in a non-stick deep pan. Add cumin seeds, green cardamoms, cinnamon stick, bay leaf, black cardamom, cloves, and black peppercorns and sauté till fragrant.
2. Add onions, mix and cook till translucent.
3. Add ginger-garlic paste, mix and cook for 1-2 minutes.
4. Stir in the fresh green chickpeas and sauté for 1 minute. Add salt, mix and cook for 1 minute.
5. Pour 1 cup water, mix, cover and cook for 6-8 minutes.
6. Add the rice, salt, and 3½ cups water, mix and cook till it comes to a boil. Cover and cook till done.
7. Switch the heat off and allow the pulao to rest for 10 minutes. Transfer on a serving plate, garnish with coriander sprig and serve hot with raita of your choice.
Click to Subscribe:
For more recipes :
To get recipes on your Google or Alexa devices, click here :
Best cooked in Wonderchef Kitchenware.
Buy Now on :