Written recipe for Anda bhurji toast
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
For making bhurji
• Eggs 4 nos.
• Oil 1 tbsp
• Jeera 1 tsp
• Onions 2 medium size (chopped)
• Green chillies 2-3 nos. (chopped)
• Tomatoes 2 medium size (chopped)
• Salt to taste
• Turmeric powder ½ tsp
• Coriander powder 1 tbsp
• Red chilli powder 2 tsp
• Garam masala powder 1 tsp
• Fresh coriander 2 tbsp (chopped)
• Break eggs in a bowl and whisk well.
• Set a pan on medium heat, add oil, jeera and sauté for a minute, add onions and green chillies and cook until onions are translucent.
• Add tomato, salt, turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder and garam masala, mix well and cook until tomatoes are lightly mushy.
• Add the whisked eggs and cook while stirring keeping the flame to medium, add freshly chopped coriander leaves and mix well, keep aside for later use.
For mint & curd dip
• Hung curd ½ cup
• Fresh mint leaves 2 tbsp (chopped)
• Salt & Black pepper as per taste
• Mix curd, fresh mint leaves and salt & pepper, keep aside for later use.
Assembly and making of toast
• Pav 6 nos.
• Mint & curd dip as required
• Egg bhurji as required
• Processed cheese (grated)
• Crispy fried onions as required
• Slice the pav in two halves and spread a dash of mint & curd dip over both the slices, top it with a spoonful of freshly made egg bhurji over each slice, and gently press it so the fillings are intact, top it with some grated cheese. And toast them.
• Set a pan on medium heat and add butter, toast these slices until the bottom layer is crisp, cover and cook so the cheese melts quickly, you can also choose to bake them at 200°C for 5-6 minutes.
• Your anda bhurji is ready to be served, serve by topping it with a dash of mint and curd dip and some crispy fried onions. Serve hot.
Join us on:
Follow Chef Sanjyot Keer Here: