Gynecomastia currently affects between 40-60% of men, causing an obvious aesthetic alteration and important social repercussions, which affects their safety.
This condition can occur due to genetic factors, hormonal causes, age, pharmacological or obesity.
It occurs in well-defined growth stages: neonatal, juvenile and adult, which respond to different etiological factors.
Gynecomastia surgery in Delhi is designed for those men who feel dissatisfied with their chest, providing them with effective and lasting solutions.
In the first consultation Dr. Sahil Singla, Plastic Surgeon in Delhi, will perform a complete clinical examination, examining the breasts and existence of other signs or symptoms, in search of the possible causes of gynecomastia.
Then it will indicate an ultrasound to know how much fat and how much glandular tissue the breast contains, and in this way determine the most convenient surgical technique; in order to restore the patient to the masculine appearance of his chest.
What is gynecomastia?
Etymologically the term gynecomastia comes from the Greek roots gyne (woman) and mastos (breast). So we could define it as a deformity of aesthetic character of the man’s breast.
Gynecomastia or also known as male breast reduction surgery in Delhi, is an alteration of the male breast that manifests itself through overdevelopment, giving a shape similar to the female breast.
It can affect one or both breasts. This excess volume is usually related to a glandular component or fatty tissue. The most frequent clinical symptom is pain and hypersensitivity in the area, although it does not occur in all cases, when it occurs it is evident in initial stages or when growth occurs in an accelerated manner.
This procedure removes fat and glandular tissue from the breasts, and in some cases removes excess skin, causing as little scarring as possible. It is a very simple surgery that is performed in the operating room and is usually complemented with a small liposuction of the area, especially when there is an increase in fatty tissue, appreciating a flat, firm, and well-contoured chest.
Benefits and scope of Gynecomastia!
Gynecomastia also known as breast removal surgery in men, is the most effective solution to correct excess mammary gland or excess fat that does not respond to physical exercise, bringing as benefits:
- Satisfactory, permanent and effective result.
- Torso more maculino, pectorals firm and flat.
- Inappreciable scars to the eye.
- Improves self-esteem and confidence in the patient.
- It favors social life and the practice of sport.
Whenever the problem conditions your life in an important way, it is advisable to consult with best plastic surgeon in Delhi to help you improve your quality of life and personal well-being.
The postoperative period is decisive for a good final result
In the days following gynecomastia surgery it is normal to feel discomfort that can be relieved by taking analgesics prescribed by the best plastic surgeon in Jammu. It is also common for the treated area to be inflamed during the first weeks.
Some tips to follow are the following:
- Use of a compressive bandage (girdle type) that you will wear 24 hours a day, for about a month.
- Resume daily activities as soon as possible, thus facilitating recovery.
- Avoid making sudden and rapid movements,
- Do not perform physical exercises during the first three weeks, especially if it directly affects the pectoral area.
- The stitches are removed 8 to 10 days after surgery.
- Do not make movements that require a lot of effort
- Avoid exposing the scars to the sun for at least six months, then you can sunbathe using sunscreen to avoid pigmentation in the scars.
Results of gynecomastia
Real results of gynecomastia surgeries performed by Dr. Sahil Singla.
Trust the best hands and achieve the physical change you seek so much. Fill out the contact form and request your appointment with the best plastic surgeon in Chandigarh.