Erectile dysfunction, better known as male impotence, is the most common sexual problem in men over 45 years of age. However, despite this, this pathology can appear at any age and can also be a symptom of another underlying pathology. For this reason, many men wonder if it is possible to prevent erectile dysfunction as it causes concern both physically and emotionally, says the sexologist in Delhi.
Erectile dysfunction can have its origin in various causes that can be both organic and psychogenic. In fact, among the organic they are the vascular disease arterial, venous vascular disease and neurological disease. As for the psychogenic causes, they are those related to a psychological and emotional origin of the patient. Sometimes both types of origin can coexist and, therefore, it is essential to go to the best sexologist in Delhi to determine the most appropriate treatment in each case.
Recommendations to prevent erectile dysfunction
The fact that erectile dysfunction has its organic origin in relation to cardiovascular risk factors such as vascular, venous and neurological disease, makes controlling these factors help in its prevention. Therefore, to prevent erectile dysfunction it is important to lead a healthy lifestyle based on healthy habits. Among the sex specialist in Delhi’s recommendations are:
- Give up smoking. Tobacco has more than 4000 toxic substances in its composition. These act negatively on the entire body and, in particular, are closely linked to the development of diseases of the heart and blood vessels.
- Give up alcohol consumption. This substance is also harmful to health since it increases the risk of suffering from multiple diseases.
- Doing physical activity. Leading an active lifestyle is essential to keep your body healthy. With regard to the penis, physical exercise increases blood flow through the body, thus promoting erection.
- Control weight to avoid overweight and obesity, influencing factors in the development of any vascular pathology that are the main cause of erectile dysfunction.
- Maintain a balanced diet. Nutrition is a fundamental pillar to promote a healthy life and prevent multiple pathologies. An excess of fat, cholesterol or sugar can be harmful to the body and, in addition, increase the chances of suffering from impotence.
- Maintain adequate control of systemic diseases such as diabetes and high blood pressure. If the patient does not control diabetes or hypertension correctly, it is very likely that it will lead to other diseases with serious consequences.
- Avoid the use of anabolics as they are directly related to the appearance of erectile dysfunction in young adults.
Visit a Sexologist in Delhi
If you feel any symptoms of erectile dysfunction or impotence or you think that you could develop it because of a previous disease or due to cardiovascular risk factors, go to a specialized sexologist clinic in Delhi for proper advice. Only a urologist as a specialist in pathologies of the urinary tract of man and his reproductive system can determine if there really is a risk of impotence or another urological problem. But in case the problem is psychogenic, then the top sexologist in Delhi can help you with therapies and proper medication.