Written recipe for Matar anda masala
Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
• Boiled eggs 8 nos.
• Oil for shallow frying
• Turmeric powder ½ tsp
• Tomatoes 5-6 medium size (roughly chopped)
• Ghee 2 tbsp
• Jeera 1 tbsp
• Onions 2-3 medium size (chopped)
• Ginger garlic paste 2 tbsp
• Green chillies 1 tbsp (chopped)
• Turmeric powder 1/4th tsp
• Salt to taste
• Roasted besan (gram flour) 1 tbsp
• Red chilli powder 1 tbsp
• Coriander powder 1 tbsp
• Green peas 1 cup
• Water as required
• Kasuri methi 1 tsp
• Garam masala 1 tsp
• Fresh cream 2 tbsp
• Fresh coriander leaves 1 tbsp (chopped)
• Remove the shell of the boiled eggs and poke them with a toothpick.
• Set a pan on medium heat, add oil, turmeric powder and shallow fry the boiled eggs until crispy layer formed on outside. Keep aside for later use.
• Add the tomatoes in a Grinding jar and grind to a fine puree.
• Set a pan or wok on medium heat, add ghee and jeera and allow it to splutter.
• Add onions and cook until golden brown.
• Add ginger garlic paste, green chillies and turmeric powder, mx well and cook for 1-2 minutes.
• Add the tomato puree, salt to taste and cook for 2-3 minutes. Bring it to boil.
• Add roasted besan, red chilli powder and coriander powder, mix well and cook until oil releases.
• Add green peas, mix well and cook for 8-10 mins, add water if the masala gets too dry. Continue to keep the heat on medium flame, cover and cook for 5-6 minutes.
• Add 200 ml water and bring it to a boil, add the fried eggs and mix gently.
• Add kasuri methi, garam masala and fresh cream, mix gently and continue to cook for 4-5 minutes.
• Add freshly chopped coriander leaves and mix, your matar anda masala is ready to be served, serve hot with roti, naan or paratha of your choice.
Join us on:
Follow Chef Sanjyot Keer Here: