Written recipe for Schezwan cheese chilli sandwich
Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
For making green sandwich chutney
• Fresh coriander leaves 2 cups
• Garlic cloves 3-4 nos.
• Ginger 1 inch
• Green chillies 4-5 nos.
• Curry leaves 8-10 nos.
• Lemon juice 1 tbsp
• Chaat masala 1 tbsp
• Salt to taste
• Water as required
• in a grinding jar add all the ingredients in order and grind to a smooth paste, adjust the consistency by adding water.
• Your green sandwich chutney is ready to be used, store it in fridge for 3-4 days.
• Onions 1 cup (chopped)
• Capsicum 1 cup (chopped)
• Sweet corn ½ cup
• Spring onions 1/4th cup (chopped)
• Salt to taste
• Black pepper powder a pinch
• Schezwan sauce ½ cup
• Processed cheese 1 cup or 200 gm (grated)
• In a mixing bowl add all the veggies in order, salt & pepper as per taste, Schezwan sauce and cheese, mix well and keep aside for later use.
Assembly and toasting of sandwich
• Bread slices as required
• Schezwan cheese chilli filling
• Butter as required
• Sandwich green chutney as required
• Spread a layer of butter and green chutney on both the slices, place a spoonful of mixture on one slice and spread it evenly, close it with another bread slice, facing the chutney side in and spread little butter on top.
• Set a pan on medium heat, and toast the sandwich from both the sides by applying butter until crisp and golden brown, apply little pressure while toasting.
• Your Schezwan cheese chilli sandwich is ready to be served, cut into triangles or squares as you wish and serve them hot with ketchup or any dip of your choice, you can also serve potato chips on side.
Join us on:
Follow Chef Sanjyot Keer Here: