A Rampuri delight, an ancient recipe with rich heritage and history! The speciality of this korma comes from the way the mutton stock is cooked to add that gelatinous texture yet forms a smooth gravy, which, when had, creates an explosion of different flavours in your mouth, coming all together to make the eating experience memorable.
1 kilogram mutton, cut into 2 inch pieces
2 lamb trotters
⅓ cup ghee
¼ cup oil
1¼ tsps screw pine (kewra) water
3 large onion, thinly sliced
2 bay leaves
½ cup puffed lotus seeds (makhana)
3 tbsps ginger-garlic paste
1½ cups thick yogurt
2 large onions, blended to a fine paste
1½ tsps red chilli powder
½ tsp yellow chilli powder
1 tsp coriander powder
½ tsp cumin powder
½ tsp turmeric powder
3 tbsps desiccated coconut
2 tbsps melon seeds (magaz) powder
½ tsp green cardamom powder
¼ tsp mace powder
1 tsp garam masala powder
Fresh coriander sprigs for garnish
1. Heat ghee and oil in a handi. Add ¼ tsp screw pine water and cook for a few seconds.
2. Add onion and bay leaves and mix well. Cook till golden brown.
3. Add puffed lotus seeds and 1½ tbsps ginger-garlic paste and mix well. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Drain the mixture into a bowl. Discard the bay leaf.
4. Reduce the heat to low.
5. Mix together yogurt and remaining ginger-garlic paste. Add this mixture to the ghee-oil mixture remaining in the handi. Mix well and cook for 1-2 minutes.
6. Add the mutton pieces and mix well. Cut the trotters into 2 inch pieces and add into the handi and mix well. Cover and cook for 10-15 minutes.
7. Add onion paste and mix well. Add red chilli powder, yellow chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and turmeric powder and mix well. Continue to cook for 4-5 minutes. Reduce the heat to low, add 4-5 cups water, mix and continue to cook for 30-35 minutes, while stirring in between every few seconds.
8. Put the fried onion-puffed lotus seeds into a blender jar and blend to a coarse mixture. Add ½ cup water and blend to a fine paste. Add this paste into the mutton mixture and mix well. Add 1 cup water and mix till well combined.
9. Add desiccated coconut, melon seeds powder, green cardamom powder, mace powder and garam masala powder and mix well. Pour 1 cup water, mix and continue to cook for 10-15 minutes.
10. Add salt and mix well. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
11. Add remaining screw pine water and mix well. Switch the heat off.
12. Transfer into a serving bowl, garnish with coriander sprig and serve hot.
Click to Subscribe:
For more recipes :
To get recipes on your Google or Alexa devices, click here :
Best cooked in Wonderchef Kitchenware.
Buy Now on :
#SanjeevKapoor #TaarKorma #RampuriMuttonCurry #MuttonCurry #muttonrecipes
sanjeev kapoor,sanjeev kapoor recipe,sanjeev kapoor recipes,khana khazana,chef sanjeev kapoor,khana khazana recipes,masterchef sanjeev kapoor,indian recipes,recipes of india,master chef,how to cook,indian food,recipes,quick recipes,easy recipes,taar korma,taar korma recipe,how to make taar korma,rampuri mutton korma,rampuri mutton korma recipe,rampuri mutton curry,rampuri mutton curry recipe,how to make rampuri mutton korma,तार कोरमा,mutton curry