Rava adds wholesomeness to this almond burfi
BADAMI RAVA BURFI
½ cup roasted almonds, crushed
1 cup semolina (rava)
2¼ cups milk
¼ cup ghee
A few saffron strands
1¼ cups sugar
2 tbsps slivered almonds
1. Heat milk in one pan. Heat ghee in a non-stick pan. Add rava to the ghee and saute till slightly browned.
2. Add saffron to the milk and stir.
3. Add hot milk and sugar to the rava, mix well and cook. Add roasted crushed almonds and mix and continue to cook till the mixture begins to leave the sides of the pan.
4. Put the mixture into a greased aluminium tray and spread evenly. Set aside to cool and set.
5. Sprinkle slivered almonds on top and press slightly.
6. Chill in the refrigerator or 1-1½ hours. Cut into squares or diamonds and serve.
Click to Subscribe:
Best cooked in Wonderchef Kitchenware. Buy Now on :