An easy and effortless sabzi with the most basic ingredients. You can pair it with phulkas, paranthas or serve it with dal-chawal.
ALOO PYAZ KI SABZI
6-8 par-boiled potatoes, peeled and halved
6-7 small onions, quartered
1 cup onion paste
4 tbsps coconut oil
1 tsp cumin seeds
¼ tsp asafoetida (hing)
1 bay leaf
2-3 green chillies, slit
6-8 black peppercorns
1 tsp coarsely crushed ginger-garlic
1½ cups fresh tomato puree
Salt to taste
¾ tsp red chilli powder
½ tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp coriander powder
½ tsp garam masala powder
¼ cup whisked yogurt
2 tbsps chopped fresh coriander leaves
Fresh coriander sprigs for garnish
1. Heat 2 tbsps coconut oil in a non-stick pan. Add potatoes, mix and cook till they turn golden brown. Transfer them on a plate.
2. Add the onions and sauté till they turn golden brown.
3. Heat remaining coconut oil in the same pan. Add cumin seeds, asafoetida, bay leaf, green chillies and black peppercorns and sauté for a minute.
4. Add onion paste, mix and cook till the oil separates. Add crushed ginger-garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
5. Add tomato puree and salt and mix well. Cover and cook for 3-4 minutes.
6. Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and garam masala powder and mix well.
7. Add yogurt, mix, cover and cook for 3-4 minutes.
8. Add the sautéed potatoes and onions along with coriander leaves and mix well. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes.
9. Switch the heat off and transfer the aloo pyaz ki sabzi into serving bowls and garnish with coriander sprigs. Serve hot.
Click to Subscribe:
For more recipes :
To get recipes on your Google or Alexa devices, click here :
Best cooked in Wonderchef Kitchenware.
Buy Now on :