A brand new continent has emerged in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. A process that would typically take millions of years happened overnight. How would this disrupt the Earth’s fragile geography? How would global superpowers deal with a new strategic territory up for grabs? And would this new landmass be good for humanity? Or would it have terrible consequences?
Transcript and sources:
Get our 100 best episodes in one mind-blowing book:
Join this channel to get access to perks:
Watch more what-if scenarios:
T-shirts and merch:
Suggest an episode:
What If elsewhere:
What If in Spanish:
What If in Mandarin:
What If is a mini-documentary web series that takes you on an epic journey through hypothetical worlds and possibilities. Join us on an imaginary adventure through time, space and chance while we (hopefully) boil down complex subjects in a fun and entertaining way.
Produced with love by Underknown in Toronto:
Contact us at
Indian snack menu is incomplete without samosa! Besides, are you ready to cheer for our team today? #IndVsNz
1½ cups refined flour
4 medium potatoes, boiled and peeled
¼ tsp carom seeds (ajwain)
Salt to taste
4 tbsps ghee
3 tbsps coriander seeds
2 tbsps cumin seeds
1 tbsp chopped ginger
2-3 green chillies, chopped
½ cup boiled green peas
½ tsp garam masala powder
2 tsps dried and crushed pomegranate seeds
2 tsps dried mango powder (amchur)
2 tbsps chopped fresh coriander leaves
Oil for drizzling + for deep frying
Green chutney to serve
Date and tamarind chutney to serve
Fried green chillies to serve
1. Take refined flour in a parat. Add carom seeds, salt and mix well.
2. Add 2 tbsps ghee and mix well. Add 1 cup water and knead to stiff dough.
3. Cover with a moist muslin cloth and set aside for 10 minutes.
4. Dry roast coriander seeds on medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a mortar pestle.
5. Dry roast the cumin seeds in the same pan for 2 minutes on medium heat. Transfer in the mortar pestle and crush coarsely.
6. For the stuffing, heat remaining ghee in a kadai. Add 1½ tbsps of ground spice mix and sauté for a few seconds.
7. Add ginger, green chillies and sauté for 30 seconds.
8. Crush the potatoes and add to the kadai. Add the green peas and mix well. Add salt, garam masala powder, dried pomegranate seeds, dried mango powder and mix well.
9. Add coriander leaves and mix well. Take the pan off the heat.
10. Drizzle a little oil on a worktop and spread it evenly. Divide the dough into equal portions and shape each into a ball.
11. For making samosa, roll the prepared balls in an oblong and cut in half to make a semi-circle. Take a semi-circle and apply water on the edges, shape into a cone. Stuff with a portion of the prepared stuffing and press the edges to seal.
12. Heat sufficient oil in a kadai, deep fry the prepared samosas on medium heat till golden brown and crisp. Drain on an absorbent paper.
13. Serve hot with green chutney, date and tamarind chutney and fried green chillies.
Click to Subscribe:
For more recipes :
Best cooked in Wonderchef Kitchenware.
Buy Now on :