This bitter gourd recipe is absolutely delicious and quick to make!
300 grams bitter gourd (karela)
Salt to taste
½ tsp turmeric powder
1 medium onion
2 green chillies
2 tbsps oil
1 tsp cumin seeds
¼ tsp carom seeds (ajwain)
½ tsp red chilli powder
¼ tsp turmeric powder
2 tbsps Tata Sampann Fine Besan
¼ tsp dry mango powder (amchur)
1 tsp coriander powder
½ tsp cumin powder
A pinch of sugar
4 tbsps chopped fresh coriander leaves
1. Lightly peel the bitter gourd, trim both ends, cut in half and discard the seeds. Slice each half and transfer into a bowl.
2. Add salt and turmeric powder and mix and set aside for 5-10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, slice onion and chop green chillies and set aside until use.
4. Place the bitter gourd slices in a muslin cloth and gently squeeze out the excess water from bitter gourd and set aside.
5. Heat oil in a non-stick pan, add cumin seeds and let them change colour.
6. Add green chillies and sliced onion and sauté till translucent. Add carom seeds and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
7. Add bitter gourd and sauté for 1 minute. Add red chilli powder and turmeric powder remaining and mix well.
8. Add Tata Sampann Fine Besan, mix and sauté for 1-2 minutes. Add dry mango powder, salt, coriander powder, cumin powder, sugar and 2 tbsps coriander leaves, mix and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
9. Sprinkle ¼ cup water, mix, cook on medium heat for 6-8 minutes. Add remaining coriander leaves, mix and take the pan off the heat.
10. Transfer besan karela into serving bowl and serve hot.
Click to Subscribe:
For more recipes :
Best cooked in Wonderchef Kitchenware.
Buy Now on :