Masaledar besan tikkas cooked in a delightful gravy.
BESAN TIKKA MASALA
1 cup gram flour (besan)
Salt to taste
3 tsps red chilli powder
½ tsp asafoetida
1 tbsp oil + for greasing + shallow-frying
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
1 medium tomato, roughly chopped
1 green chilli, finely chopped
½ cup tomato puree
1 tsp garam masala powder
1 green chilli for garnishing
1. Put gram flour, salt, 2 tsps red chilli powder and asafoetida into a bowl and mix. Add 1 cup water and whisk to make a smooth batter.
2. Heat a deep non-stick pan, add gram flour batter and cook, stirring continuously to avoid forming any lumps. Cook till the mixture thickens. Add 1 tbsp water and continue to cook for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally, to get a smooth consistency.
3. Heat 1 tbsp oil in another deep non-stick pan, add cumin seeds and onion and sauté till translucent. Add ginger-garlic paste and mix well. Add tomato, green chilli, remaining red chilli powder and tomato puree and mix well. Cover and cook for 5-7 minutes.
4. Grease a barfi tray with oil, pour gram flour mixture into it and let it set at room temperature, then cut into small cubes.
5. Heat sufficient oil in another non-stick pan, shallow-fry besan tikkas in it, turning sides, till brown.
6. Add salt and fried besan tikkas, garam masala powder to the second pan with the masala and mix well. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
7. Serve hot garnished with whole green chilli.
Click to Subscribe:
For more recipes :
Best cooked in Wonderchef Kitchenware.
Buy Now on :