This yummy toast with creamy malai and some sugar sprinkled on the top with a cup of chai is just perfect!
CHAI MALAI TOAST
1 litre whole milk
1 tbsp tea powder
4 white bread slices
1 inch ginger, roughly chopped
3-4 green cardamoms
2 inch lemon grass stalk
6 tsps sugar + for sprinkling
1. Heat milk in a non-stick deep pan. Let it come to a boil. Continue to boil for 5-6 minutes.
2. Take the pan off the heat and allow to cool completely. Refrigerate the milk till chilled completely and a set of cream (malai) floats on top.
3. To make the masala, coarsely pound ginger, green cardamoms and cloves in a mortar with a pestle.
4. To make the chai¸ heat 1 cup water in a deep pan. Add the pounded mixture. Snip the lemon grass and add into the water.
5. Add tea powder and sugar and mix well. Let it boil for 4-5 minutes.
6. Gently push the cream on top of the milk to one side and pour 3 cups of the milk. Let it come to a boil and then continue to cook for 2-3 minutes.
7. Meanwhile, place bread slices in an electric toaster and toast till golden brown and well toasted.
8. To serve, apply the cream (malai) from the milk on the toast and sprinkle some sugar.. Strain the prepared tea into a cup and serve it hot with the malai toast.
and Click to Subscribe:
For more recipes :
To get recipes on your Google or Alexa devices, click here :
Best cooked in Wonderchef Kitchenware.
Buy Now on :