A comforting, sweet and sour dal which is flavoured with tamarind pulp, sweetened with jaggery and is very popular in Maharashtrian homes. Pair it with rice for a hearty meal!
CHINCHA GULACHI AMTI
3 tbsps tamarind (chincha) pulp
1 tbsp chopped jaggery (gul)
2 cups cooked split pigeon peas (toovar dal)
2-3 tbsps oil
¼ tsp asafoetida (hing)
1 tsp mustard seeds
2-3 green chillies, chopped
10-15 curry leaves
¼ tsp turmeric powder
Salt to taste
1 tbsp goda masala
2 tbsps chopped fresh coriander leaves
Steamed ambe mohar rice for serving
1. Heat oil in a kadai. Add asafoetida, mustard seeds and once they start to splutter, add green chillies, curry leaves and sauté for a few seconds.
2. Add cooked dal and mix. Add turmeric powder, salt, goda masala and mix.
3. Add jaggery, 3 cups water and mix well. Add tamarind pulp and mix.
4. Cook on medium heat for 4-5 minutes. Add coriander and mix well.
5. Transfer in a serving bowl and serve hot with steamed ambe mohar rice.
Click to Subscribe:
For more recipes :
To get recipes on your Google or Alexa devices, click here :
Best cooked in Wonderchef Kitchenware.
Buy Now on :
#SanjeevKapoor # ChinchaGulachiAmti