Full Written Recipe for Paneer makhani naanza
For making makhani sauce
• Oil 1 tbsp + butter 2 tbsp
• Jeera 1 tsp
• Hari elaichi (Green cardamom) 4-5 nos.
• Onions 2 medium size (sliced)
• Sabut Kashmiri lal mirch 4-5 nos.
• Tomatoes 1 kg
• Salt to taste
• Garlic 12-15 cloves
• Ginger 1 inch
• Cashew nuts 10-12 nos.
• Powdered spices:
1. Dhaniya powder 1 tbsp
2. Haldi powder 1/4th tsp
3. Kasuri methi 1 tsp
4. Garam masala 1 tsp
• Water 500 ml
• Set a wok on medium high heat, add oil and butter, jeera and hari elaichi, sauté the spices for a minute.
• Further, add onions and sauté it for 3-4 minutes on medium high flame and let the onions caramelize a little bit.
• Add Kashmiri lal mirch, tomatoes and salt to taste, mix and stir for 1-2 minutes.
• Further add garlic cloves, ginger, cashew nuts and powdered spices, mix and cook for 8-10 minutes.
• Add water, mix, cover and cook for 10-12 minutes. Switch off the flame and cool down the mixture to room temperature for grinding.
• Transfer the mixture to a grinding jar and grind to a fine puree, strain and keep aside, if you’re not obsessed with the silky-smooth texture of the gravy, you can choose to skip the step of straining, but make sure you grind the mixture really smooth and fine. Keep aside to be used later as a spread in making naanza.
For Paneer tikka
• Paneer 250 gm (cubes)
• Mustard oil 1 tbsp
• Powdered spices:
1. Kashmiri red chilli powder 2 tbsp
2. Coriander powder 1 tbsp
3. Turmeric powder ½ tsp
4. Jeera powder 1 tsp
5. Black salt ½ tsp
6. Amchur powder 1 tsp
7. Kasuri methi 1 tsp
8. Garam masala 1 tsp
• Fresh coriander 1 tbsp (chopped)
• Lemon juice 1 tsp
• Ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp
• Hung curd ½ cup
• Capsicum ½ cup (diced)
• Onions ½ cup (petals, diced)
• In a mixing bowl, add mustard oil and Kashmiri red chilli powder, mix well to bleed the natural red colour, further add the remaining powdered spices, freshly chopped coriander leaves, lemon juice, ginger garlic paste and hung curd, mix well further add diced onions and capsicum and paneer cubes, mix and marinate well but gently without breaking the paneer cubes.
• Smoke the marinated paneer, by placing a live charcoal and pouring few drops over it, keep it covered for at least 3-4 minutes to impart smoke flavour in it.
• Skew the paneer, onions and capsicum and char them on open flame, further, apply some melted butter over the charred paneer and cook them again briefly on open fire, you can also choose to grill them on pan.
• Once, grilled or charred, remove it from the skewer and cut them into bite size, keep it aside to be used as a topping over the naanza.
For making the naanza bread or naan bread
• Refined flour 2 cups
• 1/4 tsp salt
• 1 tsp sugar
• 1/2 tsp baking soda
• 1/4 cup dahi
• Water as required to knead a soft & super stretchy dough
• In a mixing bowl, add refined flour, salt, sugar, baking soda, mix it and further add, curd and water, mix until you have got a sticky mixture & the flour comes together.
• Now add some oil & start kneading the dough. As soon as you add the oil you will notice that the dough is easier to handle. You can sprinkle some dry flour if the dough is very sticky.
• Knead well for 10-12 minutes at least or until the dough is smooth & isn’t sticky anymore.
• Cover with a damp cloth for a minimum of 30 minutes.
• After the rest, shape it in dough balls, cot it with dry flour, flatten it rolling pin keeping it little bit thick as naans are, stretch from one side.
• Set an iron tava on high flame. Note that the tava should be an iron tava. The tava should be really hot.
• Now apply water nicely on the back of the naan. Stick the naan on the hot tava water side down.
• Cook until bubbles appear which should take half a minute. Now invert the tava & cook on direct flame while directing the tava from different angles to cook the naan well.
• Once the naan is cooked perfectly, remove & keep aside to be used as a base for making naanza.
Assembly for making naanza
• Naan bread as required
• Makhani sauce
• Paneer tikka
• Mozzarella cheese
The Music I use in All my videos –
(Best for independent creators)
Follow us on all platforms:
Follow my personal handles here: (Chef Sanjyot Keer)