In this video, we will make Veg Manchurian which is a very famous Indo-Chinese Appetizer Recipe made in numerous styles. Today’s version of this Manchuria is Dry in Restaurant Style, and it’s a Cabbage Manchurian.
More Indo Chinese Recipes from CookingShooking –
Do Subscribe to CookingShooking for more food fun –
Cabbage / Patta Gobi – 2 Cups Grated
Garam Masala – 1/2 tsp
Red Chili Powder – 1 tsp
Salt – 1 tsp
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
Corn Flour – 3 – 4 tbsp
Maida – 3 – 4 tbsp
Oil – to deep fry + 2 tbsp
Garlic Chopped – 1 tbsp
Green Chilli – 1 tbsp
Onion – 1 tbsp
Capsicum – few juliennes (optional)
Red Chilli Sauce – 2 tbsp
Soy Sauce – 1 tsp
Ketchup – 1 tbsp
Black Pepper – 1/2 tsp
Spring Onion Greens – handful
Water – 1/2 cup
Corn Flour – 1 tsp
Water – 2 tbsp
Handful of Spring Onion Greens to garnish before serving
Deep fried vegetable dumplings tossed in spicy manchurian sauce.
1 small cabbage, shredded
1 medium carrot, cut into juliennes
Salt to taste
¼ cup cornflour + for coating
½ tbsp refined flour (maida)
2 tbsps oil + for deep-frying
2 spring onion with greens
4-5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 inch ginger, finely chopped
¼ cup finely chopped celery
1-2 green chillies, finely chopped
1¼ cups vegetable stock
2 tsps soy sauce
1 tsp chilli sauce
Crushed black peppercorns to taste
1 tsp vinegar
1. Place a muslin cloth in a bowl. Add cabbage, carrot and salt and set aside for 5 minutes to get rid of excess moisture. Squeeze out excess water and transfer to another bowl. Reserve the water.
2. Add ½ tbsp cornflour and refined flour to the vegetables and mix well.
3. Divide the mixture into equal portions, shape into balls and coat with cornflour.
4. Heat sufficient oil in a kadai. Deep-fry the balls till golden brown and crisp. Drain on absorbent paper.
5. To make the sauce, heat 2 tbsps oil in a non-stick pan.
6. Roughly chop spring onion bulbs and reserve the greens.
7. Add the bulbs, garlic, ginger, celery and green chillies to the pan. Add 1 cup vegetable stock, reserved water, soy sauce, chilli sauce, salt and crushed peppercorns and bring to a boil.
8. Mix together remaining cornflour and remaining vegetable stock in a bowl to make slurry, add to the sauce, mix well and cook for a minute.
9. Remove from heat, add fried balls, vinegar, mix well and set aside for 5 minutes.
10. Garnish with diagonally sliced spring onion greens and serve hot.
Click to Subscribe:
For more recipes :
Best cooked in Wonderchef Kitchenware.
Buy Now on :
Today, let’s make Restaurant Style Vegetable Manchurian Recipe in Gravy aka Wet Veg Manchurian is what we’re making 🙂
Do Subscribe to CookingShooking –
Chopper like this can be used –
Mix of Finely Chopped Vegetables – 2 ½ cups
Salt – as per taste
Garlic – 4-5 cloves chopped
Ginger – ½ inch chopped
Black pepper powder – as per taste
Corn flour – 3-4 tbsp
Maida – 3-4 tbsp
Oil – to deep fry
Oil – 2 tbsp
Garlic – ¼ cup
Green chilli –
Cubed capsicum – ½
Onion shells – 1 medium
Soy sauce – 1 tbsp
Schezwan sauce – 1 tbsp
Red chilli sauce – 1 tbsp
Ketchup – 1 tsp / Sugar – ½ tsp
Water – 3 cups
Corn flour – 2 tbsp
Water – to make slurry
Salt – to taste
Black pepper powder – to taste
Ajinomoto – optional
Spring onion greens – to garnish
Kitchen Products I use:
Measuring Cup & Spoon Set –
Kitchen Weight Scale –
Instant Yeast – (500gms, keep frozen in airtight container, will stay good for years)
Instant Yeast – (small pack)
Pizza Screen – (3 pack – 6,7,8 inches)
Parchment Paper – much better than butter paper, and it is reusable –
Good NonStick Pan –
Whipping Cream –
Oven For Baking – (28liter is good enough)
Microwave – (not good)