Our smile shouldn’t only look good from the outside, but feel good and look healthy from the inside because a healthy mouth must have optimal and balanced teeth functionalities. And when this is compromised, it can take a toll on our lives.
Dentistry has ample procedures and treatments to restore healthy mouths that ensure a person’s teeth’ functionalities are balanced.
First, we all must have heard of using the traditional old dentures for any tooth loss. But if you think again, are they convenient, especially with all the extra work that one has to do to take care of it? No!
But with advanced technology, dentistry has upgraded the procedures overtime to make lives easy. The current dentistry practices focus on restoring aesthetics and function to the teeth, and one of the methods in the talks these days is dental implants.
WHAT ARE DENTAL IMPLANTS?
In dentistry terms, dental implants are cylindrical screws having the look of a tooth root that a dentist places and anchors into your jawbone to provide support for a dental crown or bridge to fit in snugly, to replace your missing teeth. They are the solution for you to live your life without having to worry about your teeth incessantly.
WHO NEEDS DENTAL IMPLANTS?
Despite making dental hygiene a daily practice, many people still suffer from some dental conditions. And missing teeth due to decay, periodontal disease, injury, or any other cause due to genetic or external factors, happen to be one of the reasons.
However, before, the only solutions to restore missing teeth were dental bridges and dentures. But now, dental implants are your one-stop solution treatment to replace any missing teeth and finally end the low and unhappy episodes that stop you from enjoying the fullest in your daily life.
THE IMPORTANCE OF DENTAL IMPLANTS
On the surface, it may look like dental implants do the job of only replacing missing teeth. But, the need for implants goes deeper than that. It can hugely benefit people who have lost teeth for some or the other reason. And why it is essential to use dental implants is because it:
- Boosts your confidence: Yes, the first reason we could think of is that getting a dental implant improves your life tremendously. It’ll let you have your peace of mind that otherwise was on a running spree because you were conscious about your smile, speech, and compromised eating functionalities.
- Improves your oral health: Leaving the missing tooth space empty can deteriorate your oral health. When you have a missing tooth, there is a significant possibility of jawbone resorption, which may lead to compromised health of the surrounding tooth and its tissue. Dental implants eradicate all those possibilities from happening and restore a healthy mouth for a patient.
- Lasts for a lifetime: Dental implants are as good and look real as your real teeth. You don’t have to take any extra care apart from regular dental practice to ensure they last long.
- Is convenient: Unlike traditional dentures, dental implants are incredibly convenient. You don’t always have to go through the hassle of removing and doing all the extra work of cleaning the adhesive off dentures. Dental implants are anchored to your teeth permanently, certifying they don’t need any excess baggage of embarrassing episodes of any removal.
- Improves facial aesthetics: Dental implants look and function just the same as any natural and healthy teeth. Once they are anchored to your jaw bone with a dental crown, you won’t even feel you have some foreign object in your mouth. Apart from that, if anything, a dental implant gives you the freedom to smile as widely as you want while also doing its job at restoring balanced facial aesthetics.
Dental implants can be life-changing for some people if you think about it. However, we understand that you still may have some doubts. In case you are from San Antonio TX, the door to Gies Family Dental is open for you. If you’d like to know more about Dental Implants in San Antonio, we are a call away.