As a result of hearing loss and relying on your hearing aids, you may find that you cannot do simple tasks like hearing your television clearly if you have experienced hearing loss. Whether you prefer a lower volume or a higher volume if you are trying to hear better, it is always best to keep the volume down so as not to deafen your housemates or bother your neighbors while watching television.
With today’s advanced technology, you can now use your hearing aids in the same way that you might use any of your smart devices. There is an option to connect your hearing aids directly to the television if you have a smart TV so that the audio from the show can be heard clearly through your hearing aids.
It may seem intimidating to be able to connect this type of technology, but in reality, the process is quite simple and doesn’t require any special skills. Watching TV with hearing aids can give you the freedom to enjoy all of your favorite programs without straining to hear. This article will explore some of the benefits of syncing your hearing aids with your phone and the steps you need to take to make the connection.
Benefits of Television Connection to Your Hearing Aids
As the technology of social awareness develops, situational awareness does not cease to exist. By adjusting each sound’s priority level, the technology can maintain the balance between them. When watching TV, for example, you can also hear someone calling you at the same time. Your hearing aid must be appropriately configured to achieve this goal.
By streaming directly to your hearing aids, you can stop struggling with hearing and focus on what you are listening to. As a result, you can improve the quality of your listening. A volume of sound that is suitable for your ear is transmitted directly to it. Switching becomes more convenient as a result. When you are watching TV and get a phone call, you can quickly switch over to receive it. It is easy to maintain the volume you need for hearing.
It is evident that once your hearing aids have been paired with your TV, watching TV will become a much more enjoyable experience. You can watch your favorite TV shows, news, and music at the highest quality possible.
Steps to Connect Your Television to Your Hearing Aids
- Your new TV Connector should be removed from the packaging, and the micro USB cable must be inserted into the TV Connector’s backside USB port. Plug your cable into the power plug’s side.
- On the back of your television, you will find an audio output on the back, which you can connect to the other end of the audio cable.
- To indicate that it is ready to stream data, the LED will turn green when the power is turned on.
- If you aren’t sure if your Television Connector is plugged into a power source or not, make sure you check it. To allow a connection to be made automatically, the hearing aids must be switched on and within a 1-meter radius of one another.
- When your devices are connected, a confirmation tone will be played by your hearing aids.
- It is time to turn on your television.
- The audio signal is transmitted directly from the TV to the hearing aid. You should reach the TV connector within a distance of 15 meters to get a good signal. It is automatically triggered by the hearing aid that streams TV programs as soon as it detects a signal from the television.
- It is possible to connect multiple users to the TV Connector by pressing the Connect button on the TV Connector.
- It is now possible for you to listen to sounds through your hearing aids using the TV Connector.
Essential Hearing Aid Maintenance
They need to work correctly to increase the effectiveness of connecting your hearing aids to your television. You must follow a simple regular maintenance schedule to save money on replacement sets and keep your hearing at an exceptional level. Here are a few ways to keep your hearing aids in top shape:
- Always wash your hands when handling your hearing aids. You don’t want to transfer any dirt or bacteria to your equipment.
- Be careful when handling your hearing aids, and make sure to change the batteries or clean them in a sanitary, well-lit environment whenever you need to take care of maintenance.
- Make sure you store your hearing aids securely, away from children and pets, in a dry and safe location. You don’t want to end up with water damage to your set or a hearing aid that is chewed apart.
- Ensure that you are not using your hearing aids. This will save your battery and help avoid electrical surges or other issues.
- Keep your battery contacts clean every so often by using a soft, clean cloth to wipe away any visible earwax or dirt that may be present.
- Changing the filters or wax guards regularly is recommended to avoid sound quality being impaired by dirt or wax. When you change your filters, you can also clean your ear canals of debris.
- You shouldn’t wear your hearing aids in the sauna while swimming, in the shower, or anywhere they could be damaged by water. To avoid damage, you should also avoid using a hairdryer when wearing your hearing aids.
- Regularly schedule a checkup with a hearing professional so that they can thoroughly clean your hearing aids. If you are unsure about how to clean your hearing aids, your doctor can give you a demonstration.
Many hearing aids require professional service, which is why warranties and repair coverage are typically included when they are purchased. Keep your hearing aids clean regularly to reduce the need for repairs and maintain high sound quality throughout their lifespan.
Taking advantage of technology to help you live a better quality of life can start with connecting your hearing aids to your television to maximize your entertainment enjoyment.